Editor's Note/Note du Directeur
- "Knowledge is Essential for Universal Progress but Fatal to Class Privilege: Working People and the Schools in Vancouver During the 1920s"
- Jean Barman
- "Labourism and Economic Action: The Halifax Shipyards Strike of 1920"
- Suzanne Morton
- "The Coalminers and Their "Red" Union: The Amalgamated Mine Workers of Nova Scotia, 1932-1936"
- Michael J. Earle
- "Feminization of the Labour Process in the Communications Industry: The Case of the Telephone Operators, 1876-1904"
- Michèle Martin
- "Grain Terminal Automation: A Case Study in the Control of Control"
- Joel Novak
Research Reports/Notes de Recherche
- The Access to Information Act: A 1988 Review
- William Kaplan
- Labour's Cold War: The Story of a Union That Was Not Purged
- Gary Marcuse
Work Poetry/Poésie de Travail
Archives Report/Chroniques D'Archives
Review Essays/Notes Critiques
- The Origins of Patriarchy: Gender and Class in the Ancient World
- Virginia Hunter
- The Making of a Gendered Working Class
- Mariana Valverde
- What Is Feminism?
- Eli Zaretsky
- Feminism: The Canadian Contribution
- Deborah Gorham